Nomad’s Happy Hour: The Manhattan
Another classic! Wheather you use bourbon or rye is entirely a matter of taste. Bourbon will give you a slightly sweeter, more mellow drink; rye a drier spicier one. Both versions can be excellent.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2 oz rye whiskey or bourbon.
- 1 oz sweet vermouth.
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters.
- 1 maraschino cherry, for garnish
1. Chill a coupe class in the freezer or by filling it with ice.
2. Combine rye or bourbon, vermouth, bitters in a cocktail mixing glass over ice. Stir vigorously for 15 seconds. Strain into a coupe and garnish with a cherry.
Add a teaspoon of Cointreau to the above recipe. This will add some sweet and spicy flavours and Orange liqueur totally packs 100% of the body’s allowances of vitamin C, right?