Nomad’s Happy Hour: Classic Margarita
The Margarita is a timeless classic. Served straight up or on the rocks, the margarita is one of the most popular cocktails of all time.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 4 oz tequila (we prefer Patron)
- 2 oz triple sec or Cointreau
- 1 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- lime wedges, for garnish
- sea salt (for rim)
1. Place salt on a small shallow plate. Rim two glasses with the lime wedge, then dip into the salt to coat rim.
2. In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, Cointreau, and lime juice. Fill with ice and shake until thoroughly chilled.
3. Fill glasses with fresh ice and strain margarita into both glasses. Garnish with lime and serve.
Nomad’s tip: For a more spicy margarita that balances the heat from the ginger and jalapeño with fresh citrus notes, try the following:-
- 2 oz tequila
- .5oz citronge lime tequila
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- .5 oz simple syrup
- .5 oz ginger syrup
- 1 fresh jalapeño slice
Follow the method for the ‘Classic Margarita’, and garnish with the jalapeño slice.
* Measurements are for one drink