Nomad's Happy Hour: Aromatic Gin and Tonic
Usually when making a Gin and Tonic, I just go with the standard - gin, good tonic water and a squeeze of lime. This was before I discovered the Spanish Gin Tonics, the twist being the aromatics. See the recipe below and taste the difference!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2 ounces gin (I used Brooklyn Gin)
- 5 ounces high quality tonic water (eg: Fever Tree)
- Slice of cucumber
- Aromatics (choose whatever you have at hand):
- Citrus peel or slices
- Fresh herbs such as rosemary, basil or mint
- Dried juniper berries
- Dried peppercorns
Optional: Substitute Brooklyn Gin for 78 degrees Dry Gin from the Adelaide Hills (an incredibly aromatic Gin)
1. Fill a glass with cubed ice.
2. Add whatever aromatics you are using
3. Pour in Gin and top with tonic water. Stir and enjoy.
Nomad's Tip: Love all things gin? Visit two of the best gin bars in Australia: