Nomad's Happy Hour: The Bloody Mary
While most Bloody Mary recipes start with vodka and tomato juice, there are endless variations on the traditional formula. So whether you like your Mary spicy, herbal or with bourbon, now is the time to get creative.
TRADITIONAL BLOODY MARY
What you'll need
- 2 parts vodka
- 4 parts tomato juice
- 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 4 dashes tobacco sauce
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- olives, celery stick, orange or lemon slices for garnish
- ice, cubed
- Add plenty of ice and all of the ingredients to a shaker.
- Shake gently as you don't want to make the drink frothy.
- Pour the mix into a glass and top up with fresh ice.
- Garnish with a celery stick, olives, orange or lemon and enjoy.
- Substitute Vodka for jalapeno-infused tequila to make a 'Bloody Maria'
- Add horseradish and chili flakes to spice up your Mary
- Use V8 juice rather than tomato juice
- Garnish with crispy bacon or a prawn instead of the traditional olives etc..
Bloody Spicy Mary from The Grounds of the City